My first pregnancy ultrasound for the year 2019

Happy new year, everyone! It's another year to fill with new stories!

DH and I celebrated our New Year at his hometown. My family spent theirs at the hospital after my Dad was admitted due to a headache and constant vomiting.

Our New Year celebration was not that special because prior to that, I experienced light vaginal bleeding which I thought it was Aunt Flo. I felt scared and worried as it happened all of a sudden. I just talked to our little bunny to stay calm and strong inside. DH was even thinking of a baby name that would mean a fighter. If it's a boy, he'll be called Andrus, and if girl, she'll be Aloisia. ðŸ‘¶

The next day, another bleeding happened again. All I did that time was walking, sleeping, and eating. I was so careful in doing anything so I wasn't really sure why I was bleeding again. I decided to visit an OB the next day. DH's aunt recommended one who has a clinic in the next town.

On January 2, 2019, I had my first pregnancy ultrasound of the year. I was so nervous because things might happen that I don't want to happen. I kept on praying that little bunny would show up during that time just to ensure everything would be fine.

The right photo is the result of my ultrasound. No gestational
has been found. (Left photo source:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pinkdawg/1056857802)
When my OB was trying to look for a gestational sac but nothing was found, the half of me was crying inside. Based on my last menstrual period which was on November 10, 2018, I'm supposed to be 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant. She stated a few reasons why nothing is visible yet: (a) undergoing development, (b) blighted ovum, (c) ectopic pregnancy, or (d) miscarriage. ðŸ˜¢

Actually, I wasn't really in a rush to see our little bunny. I can wait, you know. However, I can't help myself sometimes but worry about the real reason why nothing can be found.

My OB advised me to have a full bed rest for one week while taking the medicines she recommended. I need to take Duphaston and Duvadilan for seven days, three times a week. That is to avoid another case of bleeding (which may lead to miscarriage) and contractions which will help our baby to fully develop eventually. She also recommended me to take fish oil. I continued on taking my vitamins and folic acid.

We're crossing all our fingers that next week, hopefully, our little bunny would show up and wave! I can't wait to wave back! For now, I'm going to spend some boring bed rest moments again while watching all the comedy movies (no more gruesome movies for now) on Netflix.

Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous Year of the Pig!

If you want to know more about our TTC journey, here's the link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The scary truths about fertility check-ups

DH's first fertility check-up at Fertility Care Center Davao

IVF Journey: What happened to our first round of IVF