My first pregnancy become ectopic

I mentioned from my last blog how we need to wait again before the OB-Gyne concludes if my pregnancy is ectopic or not. And now's the final judgement—I have an ECTOPIC PREGNANCY. ðŸ’”

Last January 15, I started to feel a very sharp pain in my abdomen and rectal area. I was 9 weeks and 4 days pregnant that time. I thought I was just having a typical constipation. At night, an on and off pain was felt in the left side of my tummy. Since my mind was already killing me thinking about what was really happening inside, we decided to have my checkup scheduled on the next day.

My uterus was still empty. We then found the gestational sac which already had a fetal pole, located in my left fallopian tube. I was happy because finally, I saw our little bunny but I was also sad because he/she didn't get a chance to pass through my tube. I tried not to cry. I was looking at DH and I also felt his sadness. The doctor finally confirmed that I was having an ectopic pregnancy.

I have to undergo a surgery immediately 
after confirming that I have an 
ectopic pregnancy.
Since the pain didn't go away, we decided to travel to Davao on the same day and informed my another OB-Gyne about the diagnosis. She advised us to proceed to the emergency room so they can immediately attend and monitor me. When we met at the ER, she then informed me about the operation—bilateral salpingectomy via laparoscopy. It's a removal of my two fallopian tubes through a non-invasive surgical operation. Laparoscopy is quite expensive but has lesser recovery time than an abdominal surgery (like a C-section). That's why nowadays, more doctors opt to do laparoscopy as it is also safer or less prone to infection.

"Why both, Doc? Can't we save my right tube?," the first two questions I uttered after she explained. She followed it with a sweet answer of NO. The embryo implanted itself in my left tube near the fimbria (hands of the tube) and to save me from any complications and infections, they need to remove it. Even if they can just cut it, my left tube becomes useless as no more hands will be receiving the egg cells from the ovary and so removal is the best solution. ðŸ˜¢

My right tube had hydrosalpinx. It didn't work well too and will only cause further complications and/or another ectopic pregnancy. No one wants another operation and expenses so removal was also the last resort. By January 17, at 7am, I was delivered to the operating room (which was very very cold) where I met my doctors. I woke up after four hours like nothing happened. The operation took more than three hours. I was asleep for another two hours. When I woke up, they brought me back to my room. Then the reality hit on me so haaaaaard—I don't have fallopian tubes anymore. ðŸ˜­

Four tubes are inserted into my abdomen during the 
laparoscopic surgery for bilateral salpingectomy.
Having no fallopian tubes means I can't get pregnant naturally. There are no bridges to let my egg cells meet my DH's sperm cells. The only way to get me pregnant is through in-vitro fertilization or IVF. I'm a bit hesitant but I don't have a choice. Good thing, that we already have an IVF Center here in Davao where each procedure would cost around Php 280,000 to Php 350,000. That is way cheaper than a million procedure in Singapore and Manila!

This is a sad and devastating story of mine but somehow I found peace and happiness. I found peace as I don't have to worry anymore about my pregnancy. I found happiness because I still have my family and friends who are very supportive to us in this time. It is up to us to see the positivity of each situation and I chose to see the positive side of this challenge. I am still blessed for He still guide and bless us in other ways. ðŸ˜‡

My TTC journey will still continue and I will get ready for the next chapter. ðŸ‘ŠðŸ‘ŠðŸ‘Š

Want to know more about my TTC journey? Please visit the page here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The scary truths about fertility check-ups

DH's first fertility check-up at Fertility Care Center Davao

IVF Journey: What happened to our first round of IVF