My first big fat positive pregnancy test experience

As I mentioned in my last blog, I want to wait for two weeks before getting a pregnancy test (PT). I've read on online forums that the hCG level after a two-week delay of your menstruation is usually high enough to be detected.

From my DH's hometown, we went back to Davao City on December 22 to celebrate our Christmas. The next day, I decided to take a PT. After 30 seconds of checking, I didn't see any second line. I felt so devastated. I cried in our room while DH was soundly sleeping. I'm sad not because it was negative but because I don't have enough days to wait for my menstruation to come. I want to make my leave of absence worth it! 😫

Good thing that DH and I, together with my family, took some fresh air outside the city. 😌 We traveled to Compostella Valley for an overnight adventure. It was a moment to escape from the harsh and sad reality I was dealing with. Thank God I enjoyed that adventure so much. When we arrived back at home on December 23, I remembered about the negative PT. I checked it back and I was a bit confused about seeing it again. I saw a very faint second line. Dr. Google told me it might be an evaporation line, hence, it can't be considered as a reliable result. I was thinking maybe I didn't wait enough time to check the result. It was afternoon and I can't wait for the next day so I decided to take a PT again despite knowing that my urine is not concentrated and it might not give a good result.

Here went my second mistake (again) - I just waited for less than a minute and when I saw the negative result (again!), I threw it immediately in the trash can. See how devastated I was (again and again!) Before I went to sleep on that day, I remembered of my stupid mistake so I took out the PT from the trash can (T'was still in the pack and thrown in the non-biodegrable bin so t'was not eewy. Promise!). Guess what happened next? Hell yeah, another faint second line! 🤦‍♀️

The series of pregnancy tests I took starting
on December 22, 2018 (two weeks delayed).
Fast forward on the 24th. I did swear now to myself to really check the result within five freaking minutes! DH and I witnessed how the second line (still faint) slowly came out. Since it was a li'l bit faint, the half of me was not convinced yet that it was positive (though my friends were telling that it was!). I still got a feeling that it might just be a chemical pregnancy, or ectopic, or an error. Who knows? Any negative outcome is also possible, right?

After a week of waiting, I took a pregnancy test again. Lo and behold, two dark lines finally showed! 😍 It isn't confirmed yet until I see a baby via ultrasound but seeing those two dark lines made us happy.

Nevertheless, I felt so blessed for after a year of trying to conceive, after each month of dismay, I finally found two lines in my pregnancy test. DH and I were so happy that we received a precious gift before the year ends. 😇

If you want to know more about our TTC journey, here's the link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The scary truths about fertility check-ups

DH's first fertility check-up at Fertility Care Center Davao

IVF Journey: What happened to our first round of IVF