How To Make Revel Bars Using Cereals

I am really fond of eating revel bars, both chunky and crispy ones. One time when I didn't have enough oats I decided to substitute it with cereals instead. Though the texture is not completely the same with revel bars made from oats yet it tastes good and delicious! My mom and brother even loved it too. :)

Ingredients:

(Serving: 12-15 slices)
                                                                                    For filling:
2 cups of grounded cereals                                           1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour                                               1 cup condensed milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 stick of unsalted butter 
2 eggs

1. Apply the usual rule in baking: mix all the dry ingredients first then the liquid ones in a bowl.
2. Mix it thoroughly until the grounded cereals softens.
3. In a pan, pour the cocoa powder and condensed milk and heat it under a medium-fire. Mix it continuously until the cocoa powder is dissolved completely.
4. In a baking pan, put the crust and spread it evenly then pour the filling on its top.
5. Bake it in 150 degrees Celsius for 25-30 minutes or until the filling is somehow drying up.
5. Let it cool down in a room temperature.

Then hollah! You're done! I love hardened ones so I prefer putting it in freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Hope this alternative dish could brought sweetness also in you! Will definitely love to hear if you've tried this. ;)

(Note: I accidentally deleted the pictures in my phone so I can't post any of it here. But maybe on my next try!) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The scary truths about fertility check-ups

DH's first fertility check-up at Fertility Care Center Davao

IVF Journey: What happened to our first round of IVF